- Adenium obesum subsp. socotranum is by far the largest species, reaching a height of 15 feet (4.6 m) with a cylindrical trunk up to 8 feet (2.4 m) in diameter at the base. Plants rarely leaf out before mid summer, and produce stem growth for only a few weeks.
- The flowers are pink, up to 5 inches (13 cm) in diameter, and appear for a few weeks in spring while the plant is leafless.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Full sun. Perfect for a sunny window.
- Water during the summer and spring. Reduce water in the winter, but keep hydrated enough to retain its leaves.
- Keep at least 50ºF (10ºC) at all times; if you keep temperatures of 60ºF (16ºC) or higher during the winter, the plant may retain its leaves.
- A well-drained succulent mix, with an ideal pH around 6.0 (slightly acidic).
- Fertilize during spring and summer with controlled-release fertilizer or liquid fertilizer according to label directions.