Ocimum citriodorum. Annual plant.
- Beautiful and flavorful small basil leaves.
- Leaves have a unique lemon flavor that is excellent for flavoring many dishes.
- 75 days to mature.
- Can be grown indoors in containers.
- Very easy to grow.
- Extremely flavorful.
Quick Tip Planting Guide:
- Depth to Plant: 0.25 inches deep
- Spacing Between Plants: 10″-12″ apart
- Days to Germinate (Sprout): 14-21 days
- Germination Soil Temp: 65-85 degrees
- Planting Season: after last frost
- Plant Height: Up to 3 feet tall
- Plant Width: Up to 3 feet wide
- No. of Plants per sq. ft.: 1
Health Benefits of Lemon Basil
Basil is a known health tonic for expecting mothers and when mixed with tea it increases lactation in mothers. It is also a nerve tonic and young children are sometimes encouraged to chew on the leaves of basil because it stimulates brain cells and can increase memory.