Quick Tip Planting Guide:
- Depth to Plant: 0.25 inches deep
- Spacing Between Plants: 10″-12″ apart
- Days to Germinate (Sprout): 5-10 days
- Germination Soil Temp: 65-70 degrees
- Planting Season: after last frost
- Plant Height: Up to 2 feet tall
- Plant Width: Up to 1 feet wide
- No. of Plants per sq. ft.: 1
What is Lime Basil?
Lime Basil offers a crisp citrus flavor, with a zesty undertones. It grows as an annual herb with white or lavender flowers. It has many medicinal purposes which makes it an “all around great herb” to grow in your own gardens.
Health Benefits of Lime Basil
From treating some cancers, symptoms of stress, asthma and diabetes, Lime Basil is recognized widely as a medicinal herb.
Ways to Consume Lime Basil
Used commonly in fresh cooked recipes, always add it at the last moment so that the cooking doesn’t destroy the citrus flavor. It is a favorite ingredient in pesto, and used to thicken soups. Try it with fried chicken, or steeping it in milk to create lovely ice creams or chocolates. Don’t toss the flower buds, they are full of flavor and are edible as well.