- Also known as Garlic Chives. A perennial plant that grows narrow, grass-like leaves that have a mild onion-like flavor.
- Chives are rich in vitamins A and C, contain trace amounts of sulfur, and are rich in calcium and iron.
- Used for many culinary creations
- Perfect for containers and small spaces
- The plant will grow to about 12″ tall
- Day to Maturity | 80 days
- Chives | Chives are grown best in cooler weather, are cold hardy and usually are planted early in the spring. Sow your chive seeds directly into the soil as soon as it is workable and at least 60 degrees F.
Chives, Garlic Seeds
Organic Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) Whether on a baked potato or caviar canapés, chives quietly add a subtle onion flavor to your favorite foods. Simply mince and sprinkle. Just about any recipe that calls for onions can be enhanced with chives. Great for growing in the kitchen.
- 100% Heirloom