- Aloinopsis malherbei, or Giant Jewel Plant is a small rare succulent native to South Africa that grows up to 2 inches (5 cm) tall.
- Its unique leaves are flat, grey-green and fan-shaped with toothed margin on the rounded edge. These margins are covered with bright white tubercles, which look similar to bright precious jewels from afar.
- From mid winter to early spring, Aloinopsis malherbei produces yellow flowers up to 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter on flower stalks of 0.7-0.9 inches (20-25 mm) long.
- This plant is perfect for window or dish garden with a lot of sunlight.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Full sun but Light shade in the hottest months of summer. Full shade is not recommended to prevent etiolation and rot.
- Porous and well-drained potting mix. Avoid keeping the soil wet, especially in winter.
- Water thoroughly only when soil is dry to the touch, then let drain completely. Aloinopsis malherbei goes dormant in the summer so do not overwater during this period.
- Feed once with a balanced fertilizer diluted to 50% of the recommended strength during the growing season (fall and spring).