- Haworthia emelyae var. Major is a unique pinkish brown species with triangular windowed leaves. It forms attractive stemless rosettes. Its leaves have scruffy hairs. Plants flower off and on all year round.
- Flowers are white with green veins and appear in late spring or summer on upright, up to 16 inches (40 cm) tall stems.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Haworthia emelyae var. Major live in more sheltered spots, and they are adapted to thrive in partial shade. Place the potted plants in a bright area with some protection from the hottest rays of the day.
- All Haworthia species do not like their roots to remain wet for prolonged periods, so their potting soil should be well-drained.
- These succulents are very tolerant of underwatering, but overwatering can quickly lead to rotting. During the winter rest period, water just enough to keep leaves from shriveling.
- Vegetative propagation, especially by offsets. They can also be propagated by leaves and seeds.
- These succulents are generally slow-growing and can stay in the same pot for years. For best health, Haworthias should be repotted into fresh soil every two to three years.