- Horseradish is a perennial plant popular around the world today.
- It grows up to 5′ tall and is mainly cultivated for its large white, tapered root.
- The whole root has almost no odor – but when cut is extremely spicy and aromatic.
- 10″ – 12″ between plants
- 3’ between rows
- Plant at 45° angle with flat end facing up
- Flat end should be about 1″ below soil surface
- Keep soil moist throughout the establishment period
- Harvest roots the 2nd fall after planting
- If not harvested, divide roots every year or two