- Popular home garden variety.
- The skin is purplish and the flesh is greenish/white
- Kohlrabi looks like a turnip growing above-ground.
- These are best enjoyed when they are 2 to 2½ inches in diameter.
- Day to Maturity | 55 days
- Grow Kohlrabi in loose, average soil.
- Direct-sow your seeds 4 to 6 weeks before the last frost in your growing zone; about ¼ inch deep, and 10 seeds per foot.
- Kohlrabi is one of the most commonly eaten vegetables in Kashmir Locally called monj, the vegetable is eaten along with the leaves (haakh).
- A Kashmiri household may have this on their dinner or lunch plates three to four times a week.