- Mammillaria plumosa is original from Nuevo Leon, Mexico.The plant is commonly referred to as Feather Cactus because of its soft and unique appearance. It’s completely covered in white, downy spines.
- Flowers are creamy-white, greenish-yellow, or dull pink and appear in late summer. These blossoms are very strongly and sweetly scented
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- The desert Mammillaria plumosa feather cactus needs a great deal of bright, direct light. If you’re keeping your cactus as a houseplant, place it in a southern or western facing window.
- Use a sharp well draining soil, and allow all excess water to run off every time you water.
- As with most cacti, excessive watering will cause your feather cactus to rot.
- These cacti are not toxic but remember they are also not soft and cuddly. Keep your Mammillaria out of the reach of kids and pets to avoid uncomfortable injuries.