- The Hales Best Jumbo is a cantaloupe that yields large, oval, ribbed fruits weighing up to 5 to 6 pounds.
- Traditional favorite.
- Heavy netting and fine textured with a bright orange flesh.
- Holds a sweet flavor longer than most.
- Drought tolerant variety that thrives in warm temperatures.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
- Day to Maturity | 85-100 days
Because of the long growing season, start plants indoors 4 to 5 weeks before outdoor planting time.
- Direct sow 4-5 seeds in a hill and then thin to the appropriate spacing.