- The Giant Red mustard is a full-flavored mustard green.
- The bright purple-tinted leaves and green midribs add color and zest to salads and sandwiches.
- Day to Maturity | 50 days
How to Plant Mustard
- When growing from seed, start them outdoors 3 weeks before the last frost.
- Plant seeds a 1/2″ deep, and thin to 3 inches.
- Mustard greens are extremely high in Vitamin A, B, and C.
- Mustard greens are very popular in the southern U.S. where they are generally slow-cooked with ham hocks or other smoked-pork products.
- Asian cuisines generally use mustard greens pickled or stir-fried.