- The Emerald Green Velvet Okra plant grows to about 2′ tall and produces heavy yields of 7-9″ long spineless dark green okras.
- The pods are thick walled but very tender. Stays tender even when very large.
- Thrives in HOT temperatures.
- Retains its bright green color even when they’re frozen or canned.
- This is an excellent variety for soups and stews.
- Can even be fried or boiled to your liking.
- Excellent flavor for those who like Okra.
- Day to Maturity | 55 days
How to Plant Okra
- Sow okra seeds in fertile, nitrogen rich soil.
- Plant seeds about 12″ apart.
- Okra is often known as “Lady’s Fingers” outside of the United States.