- Tephrocactus articulatus var. papyracanthus is an interesting cactus with long, flat and pointy but soft spines that has the texture similar to that of paper. The spines give it the fun nickname “Paper Spine Cactus”. When the spines get long enough, they tend to curl and look like ribbon.
- A Paper Spine Cactus is made of small pine cone shaped segments that fall easily, so it often cannot get very tall, typically up to 12 inches.
- It produces bell-shaped white flowers that are up to 1.6 inches wide.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Plenty of sunshine.
- Mixture used for cactus plants (loam x sand).
- Needs really little water.
- Prefers hot and arid environment.