- Espostoa lanata, also known as Peruvian Old Man Cactus or Peruvian Snowball Cactus, is a columnar cactus densely covered in wooly white hair.
- The cactus can grow up to 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter and 23 feet (7 m) tall. Espostoa lanata has around 18 to 25 ribs and sharp spines but most are hidden inside the thick wooly cover.
- The plant branches and blooms after a couple of years. Its nocturnal flowers are white or purple, as large as 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter, and bloom from late spring to early summer.
- Espostoa lanata grows quickly as a new plant but as soon as it reaches maturity, its growth slows down significantly and will eventually stop producing cephalium and flowers. However, if you live in areas with warm weather, you can plant Espostoa lanata directly into the ground, which promotes more vigorous growth and therefore the plant will flower.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Full sun to Partial sun.
- Porous and well-drained potting soil.
- Prefers dry condition. But water more often in the summer.
- Temperatures above 54°F (12°C) are best for Espostoa lanata.