- Tephrocactus articulatus var. inermis, also known as Pine Cone Cactus, is a succulent upright shrublet that can grow up to 24 inches (60 cm) tall and spead 4 feet (1.2 m) wide. It produces small tufts with erect stems.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Full sun. Direct sunlight is necessary.
- Minimal water is needed. Pine Cone Cactus is drought-resistant and grows best in hot dry areas. Overwatering could lead to root rot.
- This plant prefers hot temperatures but it will tolerate a very wide range of temperatures.
- Porous and well-drained potting soil.
- You can propagate either by cuttings or by seed. To propagate by cuttings, remove a pad from the plant and let it callous over for a couple of days. Then place it in a dry soil and do not water it until it begins to grow. To propagate by seed, remove the pulp from the seeds and let them dry completely then plant them in dry well-drained soil – ideally in the spring.