- The Jack ‘O Lantern is a popular pumpkin variety that produces 10 pound fruits that are thick walled, and smooth skinned, round to slightly oblong.
- The thick flesh is good for cooking, but really shines as a carving pumpkin. Has nice strong stems!
- Day to Maturity | 110 days
- The word pumpkin originates from the word pepon, which is Greek for “large melon”.
- The French adapted this word to pompon, which the British changed to pumpion and later American colonists changed that to the word we use today, “pumpkin”.