- Othonna capensis ‘Ruby Necklace’ is a trailing succulent with multiple purple pink stems and long narrow bean-shaped leaves. The beans have beautiful vibrant colors of green, purple, or deep red. The more light they receives, the more red they become. The delicate shape and red colors of these leaves are similar to precious gem pendants on necklaces, giving it the name ‘Ruby Necklace’.
- The plant displays little yellow daisy like flowers on a long reddish stalk all year round.
- These strings of beans are perfect for hanging baskets or in a rock garden.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Full sun. Filtered sunlight. Partial shade in the summer.
- Porous and well-drained potting soil.
- Water thoroughly when soil is dry to the touch, then let drain completely. Avoid letting water sit for too long in the soil to prevent rot and fungal diseases. Reduce watering during their dormancy in the summer.