- Kleinia anteuphorbium, also known as Swizzle Sticks, is a succulent shrub that grows upright to 5 feet (1.5 m) in height. Its stems are long, grey green, and cylindrical with dark green longitudinal lines. Its leaves are lance-shaped and grow along the stems at the tip of the branch.
- In the fall, Swizzle Sticks displays white flowers with yellow accents and lightly sweet fragrance. It is perfect to plant in the garden or in large pots.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Full sun to Light shade.
- Porous and well-drained potting soil. Replenish nutrients in the soil every now and then.
- Water thoroughly when soil is dry to the touch, then let drain completely. Reduce watering to a minimum in the winter.
- Feed annually but lightly because too much fertilizer can cause etiolation.
- You can propagate K. anteuphorbium from seed or stem cuttings. Warm temperature at 55˚F / 13˚C and constant moisture are ideal for their seeds to germinate. Propagation from cuttings is easier and quicker. You should cut during the growing season from early spring to fall and let them root in sandy soil.