- Pleiospilos nelii, also known as Split Rock, Cleft Stone, and Mimicry Plant, is a mesemb cultivar that resembles a piece of rock with green speckles as well as a straight cleft right down the middle. This stemless, perennial plant has one or two pairs of grey-green leaves, which will be replaced by a new pair every year.
- In the spring or fall, it blooms large daisy-like yellow/pinkish-orange flowers that have a wonderful smell of coconut.
- Pleiospilos nelii looks quite similar to Lithops but they are not the same. P. nelii is bigger than Lithops, can produce multiple flowers at once (which Lithops never do), and does not grow buried to its neck in the ground like Lithops do.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Porous and well-drained potting mix.
- Full sun to Partial sun.
- Water thoroughly only when soil is dry to the touch, then let drain completely. During its dormancy, spray water lightly to the soil to prevent shriveling.
- Split Rocks are quite cold-hardy and can tolerate mild cold winters outside. Most can survive temperatures down to freezing point.