- The Fenugreek plant produces extremely flavorful seeds which are widely used in many Indian dishes, including Curry powder.
- The green leaves are used in many Middle Eastern vegetable dishes.
- Fenugreek also has a long history of being used as a medicinal herb to aid in digestion and aid in healing.
- Acts as a laxative.
- Lubricates the intestines, and reduces fevers.
- Has also been shown to lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Helps with asthma and sinus issues by reducing mucus.
- Promotes lactation in nursing mothers.
- Good for eyes and for inflammation and lung disorders.