- An All America Selections (AAS) Winner.
- The Black Beauty Squash is one of the most popular varieties on the market.
- Grows as a compact bush size plant (not as a vine)
- Produces a dark green, glossy fruit, which is long, straight & slender
- Firm, very tender, with excellent flavor
- Easy to grow
- Day to Maturity | 110 days
Best Months to Plant
- [March – June] Summer squash love the sun and can’t get enough of it.
- They are warm-season crops and are sensitive to cold/frost.
- Plant your seeds as soon as the soil has warmed.
- Though considered a vegetable in cooking, botanically speaking, squash is a fruit (being the receptacle for the plant’s seeds).
- Squash can be served fresh (in salads) and cooked (squash stuffed with meat, fried squash, baked squash).