- The True Green Hubbard squash is popular 10 lb long dark bronze-green skinned squash.
- Orange/Yellow flesh.
- Very sweet and full of flavor – perfect for pies and canning
- Ideal for any sized garden and easy to grow
- Day to Maturity | 110 days
Best Months to Plant
- [March – June] Summer squash love the sun and can’t get enough of it.
- They need about 3 months of warm temperature and one additional month of cooler temps to fully mature.
- Though considered a vegetable in cooking, botanically speaking, squash is a fruit (being the receptacle for the plant’s seeds).
- Squash can be served fresh (in salads) and cooked (squash stuffed with meat, fried squash, baked squash).