- Tillandsia Andreana is a dome shaped air plant native to Colombia. It has fine soft lime green foliage with needle-like leaves. The leaves sometimes have a pink tinge, indicating that the flowering time is near. Andreana displays bright red flowers when in bloom.
- It prefers warm temperatures and will be happiest when kept inside. This air plant is perfect inside a terrarium or mounted on a piece of cholla wood or other non-absorbent material.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Bright filtered light. Andreana can be placed near most windows (but avoid North facing windows because there might not be enough light).
- Mist your Andreana at least once a week. Dry your air plants upside down after spraying to ensure that water doesn’t collect in between the leaves.
- Feed every month to give the air plant enough nutrients.
- Tillandsias are low-maintenance plants that require no soil, just plenty of water, sunlight, and airflow. There are three main watering strategies: mist generously 3-7 times a week, submerge completely 2-4 times a week, or soak for 1-2 hours once a week. To prevent rot, shake excess water out of crevices and give enough airflow for the plant to dry within 4 hours. Air plants need all the indirect sunlight they can get and should only be kept in low-light rooms temporarily. They can tolerate direct sunlight in the early morning or late afternoon, and it can even bring out brighter pigments in the leaves. Arrange them with sand, sea glass, rocks, or shells, but avoid absorptive materials like soil and moss.