- Tillandsia baileyi, commonly known as the reflexed airplant. Tillandsia baileyi is a medium sized, 25 to 35 cm, epiphytic or saxicolous species with few, long, flexible leaves that are relatively thin at the level of the limb which is marked with longitudinal lines.
- Bailey’s Ball Moss blooms from the simple inflorescence. The bracts of the flowering stem resemble small leaves. The primary bracts are green. The floral bracts are imbricate, pinkish, not very scaly, with the membranous apex. The flowers are almost sessile, tubular, 3 cm long, mauve to light purple.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Bright indirect sunlight.
- No soil is needed. Sand, sea glass, rocks, pebbles & bark chip can be used instead of soil.
- Frequent misting several times a week is necessary. Tillandsia baileyi will also benefit from a soaking bath every week. Give it a little shake off afterwards to make sure water doesn’t collect in the bottom leaves to prevent rot.