- Tillandsia Balbisiana is native to Central America, Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Florida and the West Indies. Its bright green leaves are long and flat and will grow outwards and drape down as this Tillandsia matures.
- This plant produces a tall inflorescence spike which is different shades of red/orange. The flowers are tubular and purple in colour.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- They should receive bright, indirect sunlight. Indoors, an east or west facing window area is ideal.
- No soil is needed. Sand, sea glass, rocks, pebbles & bark chip can be used instead of soil.
- In a hot position will require watering every 2-3 days. In a dark, humid environment watering once per week can often be adequate