- Tillandsia Crocata is native to Brazil, Bolivia and South America. It is a small-sized epiphyte (less than 20 cm). It has lovely soft leaves and a silver appearance due to the millions of trichomes or hairs that cover the leaves.
- Tillandsia Crocata is probably the most well known scented air plant. This air plant bloom from the simple inflorescence with a peduncle of 10 to 15 cm. The floral bracts are imbricate, green, and very scaly. The color of the petals is a beautiful yellow or orange.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- It requires good light and enjoys full sun. Place the plant very close to a window indoors in the winter and preferably outside the summer in a sunny situation.
- No soil is needed. Sand, sea glass, rocks, pebbles & bark chips can be used instead of soil.
- Twice a week in summer, once a week in winter according to the luminosity and the ambient humidity.