- Tillandsia Cyanea or Pink Quill Plant is an epiphytic perennial with rosettes of evergreen, narrow, dark green leaves to 35cm in length, marked with red at the base, and flattened spikes of violet flowers from pink bracts in spring or autumn.
- It has a large showy bloom; a hot pink spike with purple flowers. It has pansy-shaped, three-petalled purple, in a tone colour between pink-violet to dark-blue that appear successively along the edge of the spike between the bracts, 1 or 2 at a time, for long periods. Some have a cinnamon-clove fragrance especially in the morning.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Good, bright natural light is best. An east or west exposure fits that bill. You want it in this light to bring on the flowering & keep the plant happy for the long run.
- No soil is needed. Sand, sea glass, rocks, pebbles & bark chips can be used instead of soil.
- Spray it once or twice a week, depending on how dry your conditions are.