- Tillandsia Filifolia is native to Costa Rica and Mexico. Tillandsia filifolia is a hardy, thin leafed air plant that has medium green leaves that end with a dark base. The dark base is perfectly normal and part of the air plant’s characteristics. When it starts to bloom it shoots up a thin flower bract which can have several offshoots. The flower can be light to dark purple. These look fantastic in glass globe terrariums.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Shade/indirect light/filtered sun.
- No soil is needed. Sand, sea glass, rocks, pebbles & bark chips can be used instead of soil.
- Water Tillandsia filifolia by misting 2-4 times per week or soak 1-2 times a week for a half-hour. Allow to fully dry within 4 hours after watering.