- Tillandsia Caput Medusae, also known as Medusa’s head plant, is an air plant that grows sturdy but soft snake-like leaves that resemsble the hair of Medusa. And when it blooms, the plant develops gorgeous blush, mauve and peach shades. Caput Medusae absorbs the majority of nutrients and water from the air though the scales (trichomes) on its leaves.
- Tillandsia caput-medusae only uses its roots to cling to high trees or rocks. Since the exotic bromeliad does not require a substrate, there are many creative ways to cultivate it in living spaces. Thus, the head of Medusa with the bizarre snake-leaves perfectly puts itself in the limelight on branches, stones or cacti.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Bright filtered light.
- No soil is needed. Sand, sea glass, rocks, pebbles & bark chip can be used instead of soil.
- Frequent misting several times a week is necessary. Give it a little shake off afterwards to make sure water doesn’t collect in the bottom leaves to prevent rot. Caput Medusae’s leaves will begin to curl tightly when it is underwatered.