- Tillandsia ionantha Rubra, is an easy-to-grow air plant with short waxy green leaves. When the plant is about to bloom, it changes to shades of vibrant deep red to orange and eventually displays yellow/purple/red tubular flowers. Ionantha Rubra creates many offsets or pups which will clump into a ball as it matures.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- Bright indirect sunlight.
- No soil is needed. Sand, sea glass, rocks, pebbles & bark chip can be used instead of soil.
- Frequent misting several times a week is necessary. Tillandsia Ionantha Rubra will also benefit from a soaking bath every month. Give it a little shake off afterwards to make sure water doesn’t collect in the bottom leaves to prevent root.