- Tillandsia Paleacea is native to Columbia, Chile, Bolivia, and Peru where it grows on desert sands at altitudes of sea level up to 3,000m. This is a caulescent (stem growing) plant which produces succulent, velvety, silver foliage. When in bloom, it will omit a violet flower. These are prolific clumping air plants and will produce offsets at its base.
- All of the plants will be shipped bare root.
- They should receive bright, indirect sunlight. Indoors, east or west facing window area is ideal.
- No soil is needed. Sand, sea glass, rocks, pebbles & bark chips can be used instead of soil.
- Water 3 times a week in the summer, 1 to 2 times a week in winter.